Vacancy: Project Officer (FUN: HCCA Project)
POST TITLE: Project Officer (Internship scheme)
FUN :) Chinese Health Cuisine Ambassadors opens the third batch of the Internship programme and offers 1 place (paid, national minimum wage) to those who is interested to learn about Chinese food and culinary skills to develop a career in educational sector.
The Project Officer will be working with Project Coordinator and Project Directors to develop lesson plans and delivering activities to the volunteers and community groups. The duration of internship depends on individual circumstance, it can be up to 12 months (part time, 2-3 days a week) starting from Nov 2017 to September 2018. Applicants should clarify their availability when applying for the post.
The project will not apply work permit for candidate so the applicant should have legal working status in the UK.
Please email your CV and a cover letter to explain why you are interested in the position, to the Dean at c.w.li [at] ming-ai.org.uk
Deadline of Application : 5pm, 31 Oct 2017 Interview date : 6 Nov 2017 (tbc)
Applicants should have legal working status in the UK, salary depending on experience.
Skills and qualification required:
A. Essential - The successful candidate should:
- show a good understanding in research, Chinese culture and cooking;
- be interested in healthy cooking;
- be proficient in both oral and written English;
- be committed to the project timescale and can work and travel flexibly (evening or weekend);
- have the ability to collect and maintain accurate records, analyze data, interpret and present information quantitatively and qualitatively;
- be well organised, able to work independently and as well as a team member, and be able to prioritize and manage workload within the project schedule;
- have excellent interpersonal skills in establishing and maintaining good working relationships with members of other project teams and all related parties;
- have good communication and presentation skills;
- be attentive to details; and
- be an experienced user of standard MS Office applications (including Powerpoint, Word and Excel)
- be willing to work from different locations including remotely.
B. Desirable but not essential
- have knowledge of the Chinese restaurant/catering business;
- have a second language skills (preferably Mandarin and/or Cantonese);
- be able to write and read both traditional and simplified Chinese characters, and be able to input those characters using computer;
Duties and responsibilities:
- help to recruit project participants from schools and chefs within the British Chinese community;
- present the project to schools's students (key stages 3-4), including cooking demonstrations;
- develop lesson plans;
- attend meetings and activities;
- archiving and documentation, maintaining project website;
- assist in conducting activities for the project.